Sunday, July 18, 2010

An Open Letter to Craig McPherson ...from your biggest fan

Thank you.

Thank you for renewing my faith in the American political system, for showing me that there are still principled, intelligent men of character willing to make the personal sacrifices required of those who choose to run for office in today's climate. Unlike most in the arena today, your motives are pure - you seek to serve for the good of the country, not for personal aggrandizement. I didn't believe such people existed any longer, and will be forever in your debt for proving me wrong.

Thank you for allowing me to share this amazing journey. You have taught me more than any professor and found strengths and abilities in me that even I did not know I possessed. You have challenged me to be and do more than I would have thought possible, not through pressure or demands, but through your leadership, inspiration and quiet inner strength. I will never understand how you came to possess centuries of wisdom in your relatively few years, but will always be grateful for having had the opportunity to be a small part of your story.

Thank you for the countless hours it must have taken to amass the incredible body of knowledge you possess regarding the founding and history of this great nation. I share your love of America and your deep patriotism, but lack your dedication. You did not become the man you are today through luck, charm, or special favors, but through hard work and self-discipline, qualities which are rarely found among your generation. You evidence a respect for America's greatness that is a tribute to a forgotten time - a time which was all but forgotten even when I was a child, when personal responsibility and mutual respect were as commonplace as they are now exceptional.

Thank you for giving new meaning to the phrase, "It's not whether you win or lose, but how you play the game." You have played by the rules, consistently, even when no one was looking and you might have gained much by bending them a little.

Being associated with your campaign is an enormous honor for me. Whatever the outcome, I wouldn't have missed it for the world. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment