Thursday, August 20, 2009

Just Doodlin'

As I listen to the self agrandized men and women of DC on the hill offer their uninformed contributions to the atmosphere, I realize that they contribute a great deal to global warming. The BS that comes out of their mouths is enough to make all of us die of carbon monoxide poisoning. (That may be an overstatement since we're not all dead.) I bring this up today because a significant event happened this morning. Our daughter started her college career today. Think about it. I am 23 years older than my wonderful wife. Had never had a biological child before although I had adopted five. I was 53 and April 30 when Mackenzie was conceived. I have always said we were brought together to bring this child into the world. I expect great things of our daughter. I can't think of any other reason the God of my understanding would have brought April and I together. My almost 20 years with April have been the happiest years of my life. Mackenzie is a wonderful daughter. Please don't misunderstand I think all my children are wonderful, but I'm only addressing Mackenzie in this doodle.

As she starts her first day at a huge university, going to classes for the first time, going home for lunch for the first time in her educational experience... She is bound for special things. I'm fairly certain all parents have a special feeling when their offspring attends college, I've never experienced it before. I am sorry I probably won't be around to see the good she will do, but I know in my heart of hearts she will do it.

Someone has to bring these idiots in DC back to the constitution. Our protests are, so far, being ignored by the left. Because they pay for thugs to show up at town hall meetings, they think we do too. Astro turf uprisings? What the hell does that mean? Right wing radicals? Returning service men as possible terrorists? There must be a reason they refuse to accept the fact that real red blooded Americans are sick and tired of their blatherings. The old movie line... I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore, is very appropoe...

I guess what I'm trying to say is that someone is going to bring this country back to its greatness. They will dust off the original constitution and restore it to its righful place. I believe that Mackenzie and people like her will have a hand in that. I hope we can still find it in the ruins of our republic by the time she and her friends will be out of school and into the real world and able to do something about it. JC

No comments:

Post a Comment