Sunday, November 8, 2009

While you were sleeping...

...your country went on life support.

In the middle of the night, on a Saturday, that paragon of American virtue, Nancy Pelosi, aided and abetted by the Thug-In-Chief's considerable power to bribe our elected "representatives," passed what The Wall Street Journal called the worst piece of legislation since the New Deal. By now, this is old news to those of us who pay attention, so I won't dwell on the details. We know who voted for this boondoggle, and we will deal with them in due course. Now, we must shift our focus to the Senate, and pull out all the stops to prevent this massive, unconstitutional infringement on our liberties from ever becoming law.

To my way of thinking, something much more important happened last night.

Last night the House of Representatives (or, more precisely, 220 of its members) officially declared that they have become a lawless, unregulated body. Despite massive opposition from the parties affected by this legislation, on the order of 100 to 1 against, 220 men and women voted to permanently destroy their country's prosperity and well-being. In short, they issued a formal declaration of war on the American people and the United States Constitution.

This will not stand.

I hereby pledge to stand against the tyranny that is being foisted upon us by Washington, D.C.

No longer will I be concerned with offending those of different political perspectives - you are wrong, too foolish or uninformed to know it, and I will not place my friendship with you ahead of the continued existence of my country.

No longer will I pull any punches regarding Barack Obama and his illegitimacy. I do not believe that he was born in Hawaii, I do not believe that he meets the basic qualifications to serve as President of these United States, and I will fight tirelessly to force him to prove me wrong.

No longer will I tolerate political correctness from any quarter. Islam is not the religion of peace, it is the religion of pieces. Their faith commands them to kill non-believers. Their laws demand the subjugation, or worse, of women. Their doctrine demands world domination, and they are well on the way to achieving it. Unless and until a majority of Muslims stand with reasonable people everywhere in unwavering condemnation of these tenets, I will oppose Islam and all that it represents.

No longer will I recognize as a right the ability of any elected representative to refuse to allow me to voice my opposition to their plans and policies. Screaming liberals in San Francisco and Massachusetts do not have the right to steal my freedoms without a whimper. I will call, mail and fax any Congressman I believe is wrong and will voice my opposition forcefully, with supporting arguments. They will ignore me at their own peril.

No longer will I pretend that there is anything reasonable about the Communist/Fascist agenda of the current administration. They do not have the right to pass laws which are in direct violation of the Constitution, and I, as a staunch supporter of that Constitution, refuse to obey their commands. I will give my liberty, or my life if necessary, to support the original intent of the founders of this nation.

No longer will I allow the condemnation of politicians or the media to influence my words or deeds. I am not a racist, a mobster, a potential terrorist or a right-wing nut. I am an American, in every possible sense of the word, and, like my ancestors, will speak out, loudly and often, for all that is right and true and just. If you disagree with my interpretation of the values and beliefs upon which this nation was founded, tell someone who gives a damn. I do not.

I am done. There can be no victory in this fight as long as we are willing to compromise. It's similar to being a little bit pregnant...ridiculous and impossible. From this moment forward, I demand strict adherance to the Constitution of the United States and will stand for nothing less.

This is my pledge to my country and my fellow countrymen. I hope you will choose to join me. Know this: I am fully aware of the magnitude of the statements I am making, and that this will be a battle which will consume the balance of my time on this Earth. It is not a commitment I make lightly, or in the heat of the moment. It is, for me, my only choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment