Saturday, April 3, 2010

About that I-Pad

Apple introduced I-Pad, their newest technical marvel, this weekend and the response verged on hysteria.

One guy traveled all the way from Australia to buy his I-Pad on the first day of sales. Others camped out ahead of time to be sure they were first in line. Apple says they will sell 350,000 I-Pads this weekend.

What's wrong with that? I wish it were 3.5 million! Personally, with my bad vision, bad hearing and unsteady hands, I wouldn't have one of the things. But millions of people will and I think that is wonderful! This is the perfect example of American ingenuity, American enterprise that makes this nation exceptional. The I-Pad will create (has created) more jobs - create more profit income for the American economy, draw more attention to American creativity than anything that our government could ever hope to equal.

The only thing surprising about this news is that the government has failed to do anything to delay or diminish the magnitude of the event.

Too many people of the world are too dense to understand and appreciate that America has brought freedom and Independence to millions around the world. But they sure can understand cool American gadgets.

Congratulations and thank you to Apple. What American company will be next to step up and demonstrate America's greatness to the world?

No comments:

Post a Comment