Thursday, September 10, 2009

Electronics be damned!

Drove 614 uneventful, bun-numbing miles today. On a road trip, uneventful is good.

We are safely in a hotel outside of Dayton for the night, with internet service (provided you're not in a hurry!). Sadly, however, my electronic devices all seem to be possessed.

I sent a couple of status updates to Facebook today, to let family know we were ok. They showed up on an account I created for my DOG, who is not "friends" with hardly anyone. Big help.

I am supposed to be working some during this vacation, so tried to log in to the plant tonight to check email. Oops! Seems Norton 360 version 2.5.0.5 does not qualify as Norton 360 2.x, at least according to the security freaks I work with (understandably freakish, if you know what I do for a living), so I am unable to log in to the plant. No idea what to do about that one.

And now my GPS has apparently relocated Washington, D.C. without Congressional authorization. We should have just about 500 miles to go, but it's telling me I have a 724 mile journey ahead of me tomorrow.

All things considered, I think it's time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment