Friday, May 29, 2009

Just Doodlin'

Hi Folks. How's everything going today? I hope all is well.
I had to go to the plant in Topeka today and had some moments behind the wheel when I could just sit and think. There was no traffic on the back roads and the corn was coming up. The wheat was about 2 feet high and blowing in the breeze. I love this time of year. Going early found the temp at about 55 but I knew it was going to be top down weather on the way back... It was... But, I digress!
What I was thinking about was the inequality of the choices the dems make. Allow me to elaborate. If a conservative ever said what Sotomayor said about being a better judge than a white man (in reverse) there would have been hell to pay and if he had been nominated, the nomination would already have been rescinded. The people representing the republican party in the present congress don't have a hair on their collective asses. Not one of of them has stood up and asked for her departure. Are they all so afraid of Obowma, the slippery Kenyan? What will it take to demand to be heard.
Craig T. Nelson, an actor, had the right idea on Beck last night. He claims he's going to refuse to pay taxes as long as there are NO representatives representing his values. He said he was willing to go to jail to prove a point. Beck is supposed to have some numbers on obliterating the penal system by people being arrested and jailed for not paying taxes. I am delighted to see that a well off man in Hollywood is willing to put himself on the line for this kind of taxation without representation. If only there were enough well to do folks that would stand up to this, it might get some DC idiot to pay attention. Nah! That'd be too much to ask. Just a thought. Love you all. JC

No comments:

Post a Comment