Wednesday, April 29, 2009

100 Days and I'm turning into a conspiracy theorist

I find it terribly sad that the current administration is so sneaky and underhanded that they are turning me, a normally sane and rational individual, into someone no better than the 9/11 conspiracy theorists that I used to find so ridiculous.

Lately I find all sorts of thoughts going through my head that I never would have dreamed even possible. Every "coincidence" makes me wonder if it's part of the master plan. President Sockpuppet seems like the Charlie McCarthy to George Soros' Edgar Bergen. I find myself believing more every day that the people currently in power in this country have a complex, written plan for destroying everything about America that I hold dear.

Last fall I read Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals. Alinsky, the darling of the left, made no bones about his goals, or the means he believed would achieve those goals. Nothing is out of bounds, or, as he put it, the end justifies the means. No matter what. It didn't matter if people were hurt, if the methods were unethical or dishonest...only that the end being sought was seen as valid. The agenda of the left is in direct opposition to every principle upon which America was founded. Instead of freedom and personal responsibility, they seek a nanny state with massive government that meddles in every facet of the citizen's life. Instead of free markets and competition, they seek equality for all, regardless of individual effort or ability.

With these things in mind, I look at the recent changes in our country, and I "see" things that shouldn't be there. Like the New York flyover, disjointed events take on a sinister quality. Glenn Beck said something similar yesterday, referring to it, as I recall, as a feeling in his gut that things just aren't right. So many things that just don't make sense. So many YouTube videos that capture our leaders making private statements that completely contradict their public vows. So much that makes me believe that we are being manipulated and misled.

When the president has the power to fire corporate CEO's and set earnings limits for executives of supposedly private companies, that president begins to look more like a dictator than the leader of the free world. When congressmen report receiving hundreds more calls against a stimulus bill than for it, yet it still passes, those representatives begin to look more like powerful people with personal agendas than elected advocates of the people. When we hear from several different high ranking officials in an administration (Secretary of State Clinton, Rahm Emanual and Obama himself, to be specific) that you "never waste a crisis," and crisis follows crisis so rapidly that we don't have time to catch our breath, I can't help but wonder if at least some of these crises aren't manufactured for political advantage.

The video I posted of Illinois' Representative Jan Schakowsky was so disturbing - the hatred in her manner, the crazed, hyperactive tone, the quote, "This is not a principled fight. This is a strategy for getting there and I believe we will," referring to a single payer health care system. This is textbook Alinsky. This is a woman who cares not about the will of the majority, or the good of the country. This is a woman driven by her own ideas of what is right, who believes there is no room for argument. Her way or the highway. Period.

She is not alone. I do not believe it is an exaggeration to state that the majority of elected Democrats in Congress feel exactly the same way. They have a goal and they don't care who they have to throw under the bus to achieve that goal.

So now I get to the really horrible, crazy mad insane thoughts that keep worming around in my head. How do you gain overwhelming public support for government run healthcare? What could possibly convince millions that everyone in the country must have access to healthcare? Perhaps the threat of massive numbers of deaths? Don't misunderstand, I don't believe that our government started this flu epidemic. But it troubles me a great deal that the thought would even creep into my mind. Never before have I had so little trust in government. Never before have I felt so threatened by those in power. There is such a fundamental breakdown in the relationship between we, the people, and they, the politicians, that I see no way of mending it.

Perhaps the real truth is just that I am slow...behind the majority. Maybe what I'm feeling now is what others felt when George W. Bush was president. Maybe. But something just doesn't feel right.

No comments:

Post a Comment