Saturday, April 25, 2009

Obama Worship (Barf alert!)


From paintings likening him to Jesus Christ to re-written lyrics to Jesus Christ Superstar, the left and other ignoramuses are pulling out all the stops for The Messiah's 100th day in office. Obviously, they still aren't paying attention. NewsBusters has the details...here are a few vomitous excerpts, if you can stomach them.
The 30" x 54" acrylic painting on canvas depicts President Obama appearing much like Jesus Christ on the Cross; atop his head, a crown of thorns. Behind him, the dark veil being lifted (or lowered) on the Presidential Seal. But is he revealing or concealing and is he being crucified or glorified?

D'Antuono insists that this piece is a mirror; reflecting the personal opinions and emotions of the viewer; that "The Truth" like beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. D'Antuono expects that individual interpretations will vary as widely as they do in the political arena. The work will be seen by one viewer at a time behind a voting booth-inspired public installation.

At least no one will risk being photographed actually looking at the hideous thing.
Matching the theme of "The Truth" painting is Joe Klein singing 100 day mark praises (while excoriating the "satanic" George W. Bush) of his beloved Barack about his recent Georgetown University speech in his current Time Magazine column:

The combination of candor and vision and the patient explanation of complex issues was Obama at his best -- and more than any other moment of his first 100 days in office, it summed up the purpose of his presidency: a radical change of course not just from his predecessor, not just from the 30-year Reagan era but also from the quick-fix, sugar-rush, attention-deficit society of the postmodern age.

...The most important thing we now know about Barack Obama, after nearly 100 days in office, is that he means to confront that way of life directly and profoundly, to exchange sand for rock if he can. Whether you agree with him or not -- whether you think he is too ambitious or just plain wrong -- his is as serious and challenging a presidency as we have had in quite some time . . .

Perhaps Obama's most dramatic departure from the recent past is his public presence: cool where George W. Bush seemed hot, fluent where Bush seemed tongue-tied, palliative rather than hortative. Bush would never admit a mistake, but Obama said the words plainly -- 'I made a mistake' -- when his appointment of Tom Daschle as health-care czar tanked, one of the few significant setbacks during his time in office.

So it's apparently perfectly swell to be a walking disaster area, as long as you're composed when you have to face the music. Good to know.
Perhaps Joe Klein or another Obama worshiper, Chris Matthews, should audition to sing I Don't Know Why Why I Love Him to the tune of I Don't Know How To Love Him from Jesus Christ Superstar to serenade "The Truth" painting when it is unveiled at Union Square on Wednesday.
I don't know why I love him,
My Barack, my Obama;
I've been charmed, yes really charmed,
By his trim physique, so slim and sleek--
I'm awed by his mystique.

I don't know why he's running,
I don't see any substance;
No real plan, flash in the pan,
And I've heard such empty words before
That when I close my eyes
He's just a bore.

But I like his face,
And I like his voice;
Makes my heartbeat race!
Makes me feel all moist!
I never thought I'd come to this:
Obama is my choice.

Don't you think it's rather shallow
I should vote for this fellow?
I'm the one who's always been
So pure, so pissed, so feminist;
I don't need men, oh no--
He scares me so.

But I like his face,
And I like his voice;
Makes my heartbeat race!
Makes me feel all moist!
I never thought I'd come to this:
Obama is my choice.

Yet, like in a romance novel,
I'm in love with a male model;
I've got to look! He signed my book!
My heart runs wild! I'll bear his child!
I want the world to know:
He's my "Big O"!
Obama, go!
I love you so!

Now I ask you....have you ever heard anything more pathetic in your entire life? Look me in the eye and tell me that we don't need some kind of intelligence/knowledge/living in the real world test before we allow these morons to vote! This is an important decision, folks...the very future of the world should not be determined by who is best able to stir the hormones or induce religious experiences. These people are truly criminally ignorant. If you know one, slap them upside the head for me, will ya?

No comments:

Post a Comment