Monday, April 13, 2009

Bo, the reluctant FDOTUS

As usual, we must look across the pond for humor about The One. This time is the UK Telegraph, with a post from Bo.
First Dog - a job I could do without

So there I was, name of Charlie, minding my own business. Next thing I know, I'm being told I'm to become the First Dog Of The United States (FDOTUS) and my new name is "Bo". Do I have a choice in the matter? Nope, I'm just a pawn in a bigger game - news of my existence traded between the New York Times and the Washington Post in return for a lame story about the White House vegetable patch. At least I know my value.

Before I can say "Woof", I'm being primped and preened and prepared for the big "roll out" on Tuesday. No time to read myself in or familiarise myself with the "issues"of the day. Not even a proper background check. And who are these new "minders" sent to supervise my every move? Now I know how Sarah Palin felt.

And what's with this name "Bo"? It's been put about that I've been named after a cat owned by Malia and Sasha's cousin. That would be bad enough but I'm reliably informed that my new owner is Barack Obama - "the One". Check out those initials - B.O. Geddit? Bo. It's always about him.
Read the rest. It's really quite well done, and not a bit complimentary.

No comments:

Post a Comment