Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Can you say narcissist?

Maybe it's just me. Maybe I'm a twisted, sick freak of nature. But I am laughing so hard at this story that I almost wet my pants.

What Does One Get a Queen?

President and First Lady Obama gave Her Royal Highness Queen Elizabeth II a video iPod with inscription, songs uploaded and accessories, plus a rare musical songbook signed by Richard Rodgers.

Uploaded onto the iPod:

  • Photos from the Queen's 2007 White House State Visit

  • Photos from the Queen's 2007 Jamestown, Va., Visit

  • Photos from the Queen's 2007 Richmond, Va., Visit

  • Video from the Queen's 1957 Jamestown Visit

  • Video from the Queen's 2007 Jamestown Visit

  • Video from the Queen's 2007 Richmond Visit

  • Photos from President Obama's Inauguration

  • Audio of then-state senator Obama's speech at the 2004 Democratic National Convention, and

  • Audio of President Obama 2009 Inauguration Address

Britain's Press Association reports that the Royal couple gave the Obamas "a silver-framed, signed photograph of themselves."

Obama: "Uh, your Majesty, I thought you'd enjoy watching me, uh, you know, amaze the American commoners."

Queen: "Mmmm, why yes, young man. Thank you very much. And here's an autographed picture of me. You can put it on your bedside table."

Give me a freaking break! These people are beyond bizarre!

Update: Whatcha bet the first time she plugs in her new iPod to charge/sync it, she wipes out The Messiah? (Ahhhhh....in my dreams!) Unfortunately, the only one who will be rid of him is her.

No comments:

Post a Comment