Monday, March 2, 2009

The Golden Age of Obama

Things are not all sunshine and roses in Obamaland. Back around the first of October, when it became obvious that The Messiah was going to win the election, the Dow took a 2,500 point dive. It hovered between 8,000 and 9,000 until shortly after he took office, and now, since he's had an opportunity to begin implementing his grand plans, it has tanked almost another 2,000 points. They say a picture is worth a thousand words...look at this chart of the Dow for the last year. It has lost fully 50% of its value since last May, and the downturn is obviously accelerating at a precipitous rate.
Had anyone asked a couple of months ago, I would have said that I thought 7,000 was the bottom - it couldn't possibly fall below that. Well, fall it did, closing today at 6,763. There is no reason whatsoever to think that we are finished yet. Experts predict that we will learn Friday that 700,000 jobs were lost in February. The Sears store up the street from my house, where my daughter works, informed their employees the other day that the store will be closing on May 31st. Many retail establishments are already struggling - by the Christmas season, which they all have relied on for decades to put the "in the black," so many people will be out of work that malls will look like ghost towns.
In the midst of all of this, we have a president who states, on the whitehouse.gov website, that he and his hapless vice-president "will embrace the Millennium Development Goal of cutting extreme poverty and hunger around the world in half by 2015, and they will double our foreign assistance to achieve that goal." This will be paid for, of course, with taxpayer dollars which could have gone to those struggling retail establishments to help cut extreme poverty and hunger right here at home.

Obama and his Democrat colleagues have spent more money in thirty days than anyone in the history of this nation. They are throwing unfathomable amounts of our money at their pet causes, with no accountability and less judgment. I have been seeing ads all over the internet, prominently featuring pictures of The One, encouraging me to apply now for my grant - telling me that there is free money out there, thousands of dollars worth, that I can apply for and never have to repay. Just a few minutes ago, this landed in my inbox:

"Find out today if you are entitled!" Entitled? Entitled?! It's MY money...and my children's, and my grandchildren's, and...you get the idea. Tomorrow will mark the six week anniversary of the inauguration, and already I barely recognize my country. To those who remember the Carter years, they're going to look like a walk in the park compared to the Golden Age of Obama.

No comments:

Post a Comment