Sunday, March 1, 2009

Just Doodlin'

I read with great affection what my friend and father-in-law writes in this blog and it cheers me. I have a few 24 hours to go before and if I attain his lofty years, but I doubt I'll ever attain his wisdom. I can match him even now with his memory loss. It's incredible. Sometimes words I've used all of my adult life escape my memory. Sometimes thoughts are fleeting. In order to make my work day meaningful, I use a database system called ACT. I've used it for years and it won't lose a thing. All my outbound calls and records of verbal exchanges are recorded, if I remember to record them, and refresh my memory of the last conversation or email exchange. Thank God, I have that to fall back on. I am pleased to be able to tell you that I am working for Southwest Publishing and Mailing again. It feels very good to realize a regular pay check. I am NOT ready to retire, although I must admit after returning from my 50th class reunion with all my classmates being retired, it was difficult to commit to working again. But, none of them has an 18 year old daughter who is about to enter college. I am very proud of Mackenzie. She is a joy most of the time. But, that's an entirely seperate doodle. TT you soon, J C

No comments:

Post a Comment