Sunday, February 8, 2009

Yesterday, 2/7/09, was a defining day in my life. My baby turned 18... It's difficult to explain how this makes me feel. First of all, I'm very proud to be the father of this lovely intelligent young lady. But now, I'm going to lose her, as it should be, to the adult world of college, new friends, living away from us, and ultimately to her own life. This lady has given me more joy than I ever thought possible. Never once did she say anything about having an old man as a father. Never once did she make me feel anything but loved. I am so proud of her and her ability to make everyone around her feel loved and comfortable. She exudes confidence and walks with grace and style. She is everything I could ever dream of in a child. I know she will go on to do great things. But, whatever she chooses to do, I am confident it will be for the right reasons and I'll accept whatever it is. And so my darling daughter, I wish you all the best every day for the rest of your life. Whenever you're in doubt, just remember I believe in you and your ability to make the right decision. May the God of my understanding bless you and keep you, always. I love you. Dad.

1 comment:

  1. You just keep making me cry, Daddy! =) I love you so much, and I'll always be your baby girl.

    ReplyDelete